Goodbye to July

Small flowers on a tall slim shrub.
Cinnamon Cindy Camellia

July has been one of the fastest months ever. I've written lots in my journal, I've thought lots about the garden, and I think I've accomplished quite a lot out there. Hopefully. So it's goodbye from me - until next year.

Staying inside...

Spent the last few cold and rainy days mainly inside, burning logs from the dead gum tree which Non-Gardening Partner felled just last weekend (a nice, basic connection with my garden). Kept popping outside to marvel at those lovely flowering shrubs. Love having proper wet rain, too.

Gardening Olympics...

Perfect weather for watching the Olympics on TV. All those elite athletes to marvel at. Wonder what events and disciplines would be in the Gardening Olympics? Speed weeding sprints?

Beautiful!
Green Hellebore

Thursday 1st August

But two days in the house is just about my limit. My house starts looking really messy, and I really miss being physically in my garden. So today when I get home from my adult ballet class I have a plan. It's the first day of August. Everything is super-wet. It's about seven degrees Celsius. I will write a list.

A list with one item!

Aha! The plan has turned into a list with just one item, hee hee. 1. Wander around the house gardens, trimming the wet brown ferns. There! Done.

Much later...

Dear garden, I am sooooooo sorry. I lasted fifteen minutes, filling the wheelbarrow just once with ferns. And I was naughty. I was wearing my new Merrells (shoes) which I'd bought in a sale. And when I came back inside - now this is really ridiculous - I dusted some of my cat ornaments. Instead of gardening! It wasn't even drizzling or raining.

Yours in humble apology,
Moosey.

So pretty.
Pink Hellebores

The very next day...

Yeay! Yippee! I worked for three hours, trimming in the gardens which circle the Pond Paddock. I trimmed the Cannas in pots and shifted them (finally) out of the frosts and into the glasshouse. I picked up and binned a pile of cut Phormium leaves (they'd been waiting on the grass for four weeks). I trimmed ferns, other Phormiums, and Paris daisies. I dragged out some Wattle tree mess from the Wattle Woods.

Not fixed up yet.
Broken Glass-House

Didn't burn the rubbish, piled it up by the cottage path instead. Pulled out several more bags of leaf mould and spread the contents around the garden. And - wow, such detail! - my final act was to barrow a load of firewood from outside the cottage over to the house. As you can see, I was very very good. Nit-pickingly good, I reckon.