Finish things...

Today I have to finish my Allotment Garden weeding. Why, exactly? Because in life, in order to feel successful, one actually has to finish things. Has to. Finish. Things. And it's the same in the garden? Hmm...

In the Welcome Garden.
Blossom and Cordyline

Have just been for a dog-walk to take photographs of spring. Yeay! Now I am off to finish - aargh! That terrible word! - the weeding. I have almost reached the big blue container.

Discussion with self...

Q : So remind me. Why do I have to do this anyway?
A : So people who walk along the driveway can enjoy looking at a pleasant, well cared-for garden.
Q : What people?
A : You and the dogs, silly billy!
Q : So do I have to clean up my mess?
A : Absolutely.

For a minute back there I thought I called myself a 'silly bitch'. Oops. Identifying with my dogs?

So pretty!
President Roosevelt Rhododendrons

Six and a half hours later...

Check that out! That's how long it took me to pretty much finish the Allotment Garden weeding. I also weeded one side of the driveway. I dumped all my mess on the fence-line (to the delight of my tame brown-blackbird who arrived to look for food items - yum!

I also spread three barrow loads of mulch on the Allotment Garden (it needs more), then collected the mess by the cottage and burnt it.

Meanwhile Non-Gardening Partner spent the afternoon driving his tractor back and forth carrying large wattle logs to the front paddock where they will dry out in the sun before splitting.

Enough is enough!

When I came back from collecting my tools (yeay!) I saw lots of Shepherds Needle weeds in the Driveway Garden, just starting to flower. Pretty little things. Stopped briefly, bent over, then straightened myself and continued walking, eyes half-shut. Enough is enough! Weeding is the one gardening task that can never, ever be finished.