The Hump Garden again...

I'm seriously cleaning up the Hump Garden. Again! It's weedy, and full of roses which need pruning, paths which need organising, miniature Agapanthus which need digging out...

In winter.
Part of The Hump Garden

Today I found a sunny place for two of my potted up roses (no idea what they are). Scraped lots and lots of weeds off the nearby path, and lots of grasses out of the garden. Also dug out an over-sized Anemanthele and trimmed another one, hoping to give the nearby ornamental Maple some more sunshine room (and more chance to get properly watered by the rain). Cleaned up my mess.

Miniature Agapanthus...

I've been shifting the miniature Agapanthus clumps around the Hump Garden for some years now, trying new positions. But I still haven't got it right. They get badly frosted in winter.

Miniature Agapanthus :
Such a useful filler in my garden - when planted in the right place!

I know frost damage is cosmetic, but the little Agapanthus clumps look dreadful for months and are very slow to regrow, let alone flower. And, being greedy, I want them to look pretty and do their mid-summer flowering thing. Fair enough? So today I dug the first lot out. I think I know where they are going - further along the Hump, where there's shelter from some trees. Seems sensible.

Me in my muddy gardening jeans.
Sitting on the Mulch

I re-organised the path that they'd been planted next to, weeded, pruned the Phlox and more roses, and replaced some rotting path edges. Then went over to my new bonfire site, dragged out Tagasaste branches from the Welcome Garden, and had a modest bonfire. Sat on the mulch gain and took a selfie. Think I look pretty happy!