Really October!

October has sneaked up on me when I wasn't looking. It arrived yesterday, silently, when I was preoccupied, spending my third concentrated weeding day in the Hump Gardens. So it's really October. Wow!

I've had a super-driven and productive day, with music and social interaction as well as weeding. I did my Albeniz piano practice (two pieces now - Jerez and El Albaicin), raked up all my weed piles, dumped them, went out to visit my family, came home and sowed some more seeds, did some more weeding, cleaned up more edges, and planted some assorted plants (Crambe, Aquilegias, Lychnis) in gaps in the Hump Garden. Wow!

A pretty perennial with tiny white flowers.
Crambe Leaves

So happy...

At the very end of the day I lit the bonfire and burned the mess. Then I cooked a delicious meal, washed my hair, and didn't fall asleep in a chair. I worked for nearly five hours. I was so happy. The garden was happy.

Thursday 4th October

Yesterday Winnie arrived with an animal's foot in her mouth. A good luck charm? I don't think so. Early this morning both dogs were fossicking around behind the pond. I can't see anything. Or smell anything. What are they up to?

Later...

Another session of weeding, this time finishing off the Frisbee Border where I'd recently planted Agapanthus. Then I moved over the water race to the Stumpy Garden. Oh my goodness! Noticed two early rhododendrons flowering - Saffron Queen, and a beauty which I think is Percy Wiseman. Checked the orchard Silver Pear trees - yes! They were blossoming, as was the Cornus Eddie's White Wonder. Such beautiful flowers in my garden at the moment.

Flowering now.
Silver Pear Trees in the Orchard

And now Winnie has silently disappeared from view. She is not to be trusted. Am off to see if I can find her. Oops - she was just taking a nature break in the middle of the Jelly Bean Border. Sorry, Winnie.

Next day...

Oh joy! While I was out at my music rehearsal, my house visitors found pieces of dead goat on the lawns - some of the pelt, some bones, a bit of a skull...

My dogs :
They have such a good sense of smell, and when the wind is blowing in the right direction - look out!.

My dogs are gross! Where have they got this latest rubbish from? They've obviously pushed through a boundary fence to get it. Naughty. And then they bring it home to their favourite chewing spot on my lawn. Aargh!