Not really grumpy...

Am not grumpy, not really. Have been very busy musically, which I really enjoy, but I miss being in my garden. My garden is my special place, where I try my best, laugh, and only occasionally cry. And of course in spring the garden is bursting with energy. I like to give it my energy in return.

Saturday September 21st

Am just back home after a groovy sing-out of my jazz choir and an extremely long ballet rehearsal. Here's the deal - I sign up to perform in the ballet show, so I turn up for practice - even if it's a superb gardening day.

Wattle tree over the Red Camellia.
Oops!

Later, while I 'recovered' from my day's creativities by eating and drinking cups of tea, Non-Gardening Partner went outside to saw up one of the fallen Wattle trees. So I shook myself into action and started barrowing out loads of smaller logs.

Phew!
Red Camellia Saved

By managing carefully where the heavy branches have dropped, NGP has saved most of the Camellias. Doing this after driving me to and from my ballet rehearsal and my singing gig. Yeay! He is a legend. I'm so happy. So that proves that I am not grumpy.

Sunday September 22nd

Am still not really grumpy, though I have to go out singing again this morning. But hey! I slept really soundly, and Minimus my cottage cat didn't do her wobbly walk over my face.

Speckles :
I have been feeding Speckles for three full years now. And still he likes to hiss at me. No cat-manners!

And Speckles the stray cat swung by in the night and ate his dinner. Nothing to be grumpy about. Except that I might have to sing second tenor in a Gabrielli 8-part motet, and this will require musical nerves of steel (?).

Much later...

Sang (second alto, phew). Lunched with my friend. Came home, weeded around the Frisbee Border. Collected stuff and made a bonfire pile. Then decided that was that.

Firewood for next winter.
More logs

Meanwhile NGP loaded all the heavy log rounds into the tractor's scoopy bit (bucket?) and drove them into the front paddock to dry out. Two very industrious people enjoying being outside in their garden... Couldn't possibly be grumpy!