Cultivating spring...

By the Sleep-Out.
Camellias

Welcome to September and Spring. To help my fingers enjoy the spring weeding I've bought two hand scrapers (my name for them), formally called cultivators. Please may they improve my ability to cultivate. And please don't let me lose them.

Early birthday present...

I bought two so that if I lost one there would still be one to use. A fairly obvious reason, yes? And they are the perfect Early Birthday Present From Me to Me. I have a semi-senior birthday in a week's time.

The plan...

So the plan is to sit down and scrape off weeds whenever I need a break from deconstructing the orchard rose prunings. Aargh! This latter task takes me ages, seems to use up all my positive energy.

Sooooooo nice!

Mid-afternoon Non-Gardening Partner was soooooooo nice to me. He took pity on me, came into the orchard with his chainsaw, took down some difficult Hazel tree branches and dealt to the roses that were to be completely removed. Without complaining, or disagreeing with my decisions.

And there is more to come.
The Pile of Prunings

Then he told me what a huge improvement I had made, and how good it was all looking. Wow! That bit was completely voluntary. I glowed!

And meanwhile I made myself take time to enjoy the spring flowers. It's not all about the grunt and grind. Or cultivating!