Silly...

What a silly billy I am. It was drizzling again, so I drove off down the road, determined to go for a morning swim. Changed my mind after five minutes, did a safe u-turn, and trundled back home. Made an instant drizzle-gardening plan.

Phormium and Corokia.
Winter Evergreens

Yesterday I'd found my orange secateurs (they'd been missing for three weeks). Today's plan was simple - use them to trim things. It wouldn't matter if I got wet. But it also wouldn't matter if I procrastinated the tiniest bit. So, first of all :

1. I wrote music charts for the new song my Blues Band is doing - Joni Mitchell's 'Help Me'.
  2. I made a worksheet for my small friend on the climbing routes up K2. I will not take responsibility if he ever climbs it as an adult.
  3. I picked up Pebbles' super expensive dog food from the vet, and bought myself a chocolate-filled donut. Ate it in the car on the way home, naughty.

By now nearly two daylight hours had passed. But late was definitely better than never, so I wrote myself a short, stern list.

Drizzle-Gardening List

1. Barrow firewood loads over to house.
  2. Bag more leaves up.
  3. Do some trimming.

Half an hour later...

It was going really well - four more bags filled with leaves, a barrow full of Aconite trimmings - then the drizzle turned into blobby, noisy rain. I got wetter and wetter, and so did the stuff I was handling. Both my dogs had abandoned me for the comforts of the dog couch. So I gave up too. The rain kept steadily beating down on the house roof until dark. It was the right decision to go inside.

Update on Speckles the stray cat...

Speckles, in winter bulk-up mode, now arrives punctually outside the cottage for his evening meal. He miaows more than he hisses, he rubs enthusiastically in my legs, and makes strange gurgling sounds - possibly a feral purr?

Getting oh so fat!
Speckles - June 2024

It's all about food for Mister Speckles - two bowls of solid cat food, plus one of milk at each sitting. And all his photographs look the same - this is me with my orange food bowl, here I am with my blue food bowl, this is me waiting by my green food bowl, and so on. But I guess he's doing his best.